Saturday, August 25, 2007

Whew!

A whirlwind visit to Saskatoon for Carmine and Jennifer's nups. We had a wonderful time. Great to share in the official union of two such good, smart and delightful people. Met lots of other fine folks, mostly from Jennifer's extended family. Also enjoyed hanging out with Derek Webster of Maisonneuve fame, who I've met a few times in the past, but hadn't spent much social time with him. And did I ever do some dancing, which in more dionysian days was a regular thing for me, but it had been a long while since I cut a rug. Lucky I didn't hurt myself. Or anyone else. I'm expecting incriminating photos to turn up on the web sometime over the next couple of days. I know at least one exists...

I'm pretty freaking wiped now and have to go to work tomorrow. The house is in a state of chaos, as we're getting ready for our move to New Westminster on the 1st. Looking forward to a little bit of sanity, serenity and stasis in September. It's been well over a month since I wrote a poem, which is a long drought for me. Usually, these spells happen when the world is too much with me and my attention gets more scattered than it usually is. Which is saying a great deal.

I'll be in Winnipeg overnight on Tuesday, catching up on some reviewing and editing work. Maybe I'll have time for a wee post or two. Ciao, bellas.

No comments: