Thursday, October 18, 2007

Intersections

Got an email today from a fellow named John Mutford. John lives in Iqaluit, works for First Air, the airline I used to work for, writes, and has his own litblog, The Book Mine Set. John's put forth a challenge on his blog:

The rules are simple: read 13 Canadian books (books by Canadians and/or about Canadians) before next Canada Day (That's July 1st for you non-Canadians in the audience). Make sure to blog about each one! Participants will have their name entered in for some kick-ass prizes. Well, not really. If you've ever seen a Canadian gameshow, you know we're not big on monetary rewards.
John was writing to me to see if I'd be willing to offer a copy of Unsettled as one of his prizes. I gladly agreed. I won't be competing, since I'm a professional reader of Canadian books (I often think I read too damn many of the things, not too few) and since I already have quite a few copies of Unsettled. He does have other books up for grabs. So get at it, bloggers!