Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Dim Prospects

I went into work the other day for the first time since early November. It wasn't for a trip, just an information "refresher" session. The information I received was none too refreshing. Looks like the recession has hit tourism pretty damn hard, and since most of Via's increased summer ridership is directly tied to tourism, the numbers are way down. What this means for me and many of my colleagues is more weeks without work. Looks like I might not be recalled till mid-June, whereas last year it was early May. I normally wouldn't mind this, but the last couple of months have been rather expensive for this normally frugal household. So: if you're thinking of travelling somewhere within Canada, and can spare a little extra time in transit, please take the train!

No comments: