Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Have book, will travel

I'm off Friday morning to attend the sixth annual UNB Poetry Weekend in Fredericton. This will be my fifth time attending; couldn't make it last year as I was at the Ottawa Writers Fest, which seduced me away with more money and beer. The Poetry Weekend is always a lot of fun, even if it is something of a feat of endurance to attend all the readings. This year, there are apparently 45 readers over the course of six readings on Saturday and Sunday.

It was looking touch-n-go for my new book making it to the weekend, but got word tonight that the good folks at Coach House have managed to bind up 20 copies each of my book and Shane Neilson's Meniscus (also published by Biblioasis and edited by yours truly), which they'll be delivering to Shane in Guelph before he takes off for NB. Kudos and thanks to publisher and printer both.

I'm also supposedly launching T&T in Charlottetown a week tomorrow, but haven't squared up all the details with the venue yet. More anon.

No comments: