Monday, November 2, 2009

ZW on the Ceeb

I'm being interviewed today by Stephanie Domet, host of the local CBC afternoon show, Mainstreet. It's a taped interview, so I'm not sure when exactly it will be on, but it'll be sometime between 3 and 6 pm, Atlantic time. I'll try to find out more precisely when I'm down for the taping later.

And Thursday, I'm launching Track & Trace here in Halifax. It's going to be a great event. Amy Jones, this year's Metcalf-Rooke Award-winner, will be here from Toronto launching her story collection What Boys Like & Other Stories; and my good friend Wayne Clifford's driving up from Grand Manan Island to launch, belatedly, his excellent collection Jane Again, as well as, in more timely fashion, the second volume of his sonnet sequence, The Exile's Papers (which I've not yet read, but am looking forward to very much). This is a three-book year for prolific Wayne; he's also launching his limited edition collection Learning to Dance with a Peg Leg: Three Dozen Tunes for a Third Mate. This is a terrific book; I picked one up this summer when I was on Grand Manan for Wayne's launch there.

Launch details: November 5, 6 pm, The Company House, 2202 Gottingen. Hope to see you there!

UPDATE: I taped the interview today, but am told that it'll be broadcast on Wednesday afternoon. Then, you can hear me choke on simple questions about my life.

No comments: