Sunday, June 6, 2010

Toronto report

Well, I won neither gold nor silver at the National Magazine Awards, but I really didn't expect to, so I'm not disappointed. The gala was a good time; I got to hang out with Carmine Starnino and Jennifer Varkonyi, my good friends from Maisonneuve, which was up for mag of the year for the third time, but unfortunately lost out to Up Here. Also got to meet a few people in person I'd only known digitally, which was very cool.


Yesterday, I had the pleasure of attending the Blue Jays/Yankees game at Sky Dome (yes, I still call it that) with Jason Guriel. And what a game it was: 3-2 Jays in fourteen innings. We really got our money's worth out of our 500 level seats. Would have liked to sit closer to the field, but it was, for a change, a pretty well-attended game and they only had single seats available in the lower levels. I wish Toronto turned out in greater numbers to watch the Jays. They've got a helluva good young team; very exciting.

Had a bbq last night with several old friends and now Rachel, Kaleb and I are on the train to Montreal, en route to Halifax. A whirwind of a trip, but worth it.

All for now.

No comments: